Congratulations on being elected to your nonprofit board of directors!
Here are six key questions as you prepare for your new gig, with answers below:
- What is my moral and legal “duty of care” as a nonprofit board director?
- Is it a good idea to “go along to get along” on a nonprofit board?
- What do I have to know about my nonprofit’s finances?
- Who’s in charge of our meetings?
- How can we have effective meetings?
- I’m confused about “motions” in Robert’s Rules – how does the system work?
Duty of care: Duty of care is critical for nonprofit board directors
Going along to get along: My board is too nice
Nonprofit finances: Who’s responsible for the money?
Who’s in charge? The chair is not in charge of your meeting
Effective meetings: Follow four fundamental guidelines for successful meetings
How motions work: Processing motions in Robert’s Rules