- This event has passed.
National League of Cities Congressional Conference 2020
March 8, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Making Robert’s Rules Work for You
Once you know the basics of Robert’s Rules of Order, how can you move to the next step? This interactive seminar provides insights and guidance that can transform your style of leading meetings and make you an exceptional presiding officer. Few people are aware of the flexibility that Robert’s Rules offers through its “special rules for small boards” and provisions for adopting special rules of order.
After taking this course, participants will be able to:
- List four fundamental guidelines for effective meetings
- Take action when the guidelines are broken
- Describe how motions work in Robert’s Rules
- Label and respond to 5 inappropriate remarks
- State the authority of chair, members, and staff under Robert’s Rules